Buy a Funeral Plan Online in South Africa
October 21, 2016
Juggling daily responsibilities, home, and work can be overwhelming, and finding the time to buy funeral cover online may seem utterly impossible. However, planning ahead, investing in a funeral policy, and providing for your family’s future is a move that will help you sleep easier at night. Don’t wait until it’s too late. Invest in a funeral plan today. In South Africa, many companies allow you to buy funeral cover online.
Hollard understands that death is traumatic for everyone – and not only emotionally. For instance, getting an enormous funeral bill that you cannot afford only makes everything worse. With Hollard, taking out funeral cover is simple, easy, and, most importantly, affordable. It’s a sure-fire way to ensure that you and your family are well prepared for the future. Hollard pays out within 48 hours of receiving the correct documentation and, of course, as long as you present a valid claim.
Who can buy funeral cover online?
- South Africa citizens.
- Permanent residents of South Africa.
- Adults aged between 18 and 75 years old.
- Anyone who has a bank account.
What are the benefits of a funeral plan?
- You get insured for as much as R75 000.
- If the primary member, or his or her partner, dies, Hollard pays back some of the premiums.
- If the main member dies, Hollard pays his or her children as much as R35 000 for a university.
- The Vehicle Access Benefit. This includes the use of a car for three days, which you are allowedto use before and after the funeral in order to make arrangements, etc.
- Cover for your direct family, as well as for your parents, in-laws, and members of your extended family, all under your policy.
- After paying your premiums for five years, and after a minimum of 60 instalments have been made, you get a total of 20% of what you’ve paid back!
How do you claim?
On death, there is a three-step process when submitting a claim.
- Notify the insurance company within 24 hours of an event occurring. If that is not possible, call Hollard as soon as you possibly can via the toll-free number: 0800 252 467, email: firstname.lastname@example.org, or fax: 011 351 3003.
Submit the necessary documents
- Send in your funeral policy number and a funeral claim form.
- Provide a copy (certified) of the death certificate.
- Send a copy (certified) of the primary member’s ID or the beneficiary’s ID.
- If needed, send a copy (certified) showing proof of your marriage.
- Send in a notice of death, known as a BI1663 form.
Stay in touch
- Hollard will regularly update and inform you on the process of your claim.
To buy a funeral plan online just complete and send the form on this page
All info was correct at time of publishing