A Sanlam Family Funeral Plan
Sanlam offers a funeral plan called the Sanlam Family Funeral Plan, which offers cover from as little as R25 per month.
The policy aims to be affordable, providing much-needed funds and alleviating some of the stress around losing a family member.
Sanlam Family Funeral Plan
This policy covers death by accident and death by natural causes and offers the following features:
- Cover of up to R40000 for death by accident or natural causes
- No medical tests
- Minimal paperwork
- Accidental death covered immediately after purchase of the policy
- Death by natural causes covered 12 months after being added to the plan
- Cover available for extended family, including cousins, in-laws, grandchildren etc.
- Children under 21 covered at no additional cost
- The benefit paid out in cash so a family can choose how to use the money (not limited to only funeral costs)
- Payment settled within 48 hours of a successful claim
- Premiums paid by monthly debit order
- The cover extends for life (premiums increase in age bands)
Accidental Death Cover
Sanlam also offers a plan for Accidental Death Cover, starting at R55 per month. This policy includes the following:
- Cover for the main member and spouse
- Only covers death by accidental causes (includes crime, drowning, road accidents, electrocution, construction accidents, fires etc.)
- No medical tests required
- Premiums calculated based on age at application
You can get these plans online with monthly debit order payments. Individuals can complete the steps on the website to get a quote and to sign up for the policy or they can request a call from a Sanlam agent who can assist with the process. The following conditions apply:
- Applicants must have a valid South African ID number
- The main member must be between 18 and 64 years old
- Spouse or partner must be older than 18
- Applicants must have a valid email address for all communication from Sanlam
- Cooling off period applies for one month from the start of the plan – you can change your mind during this time and be refunded all premiums.
- One month’s grace to pay outstanding premiums (during which you are still covered)
- If you miss two months’ premiums in succession, they will cancel the policy.
- Premiums cannot be paid in cash at a retailer
The Sanlam Family Funeral Plan will not pay out in the following circumstances:
- Suicide within the first 24 months of the plan
- Death by natural causes during the first 12 months of the plan
- Self-inflicted injuries or deliberate exposure to danger
- War, terrorism or any related unrest
- Nuclear explosion or radioactivity
- Any illegal act by the insured person
Next step: Get a funeral cover quote by completing and submitting the form on this page.