Range of Assupol Funeral Plans
Giving a good send-off is an emotionally therapeutic event after the death of a loved one. As a funeral can cost anything between R5 000 and R30 000, this expense can come as a shock to an already grieving family. They are probably just realising the financial implications of losing the income of a breadwinner. That is why you must take a look at Assupol funeral plans.
Assupol started in 1913, making it one of the oldest insurance providers in South Africa, with over 100 years experience.
A funeral plan will cover the cost of the funeral as its primary function, but you can add benefits providing both financial and practical help. Assupol has two options.
Absolute Advantage Family Funeral Plan
This plan gives people extra benefits that they can enjoy while they are still alive. The monthly premiums cover individuals or families. The benefits depend on the monthly premiums chosen.
- For individuals, the maximum benefit paid out is R50 000. On the family plan, Assupol covers both the primary member and the spouse individually for R50 000.
- On the family plan, the benefits insure not only the primary member but also the spouse and up to 5 children.
- For an additional premium, extended family members can be covered up to the age of 79 years.
- You may choose to increase your premiums each year in order to increase your benefits.
- There is a six-month waiting period for a natural death. However, Assupol covers an accidental death immediately.
Excellence Family Funeral Plan
This great plan from Assupol funeral plans provides money for the funeral of the policy-holder, as well as those of the dependents.
- It covers the children for life, and not only until they turn 21
- There is cover for a stillborn baby and newborn babies for the first three months
- Cover is available for an unlimited number of family members
- You may choose to increase your premiums every year to increase your benefits
- You have a waiting period of 6 months after the inception of the policy before claiming for a natural death. You are covered for accidental death immediately.
Assupol Funeral Plans Extra Benefits for Both Plans for the Add-on Premiums
- You may get cover for extended members of the family up to the age of 79.
- You can choose to double accidental death cover.
- You can ensure the family receives an income for six months after the passing of a loved one.
- You can receive an amount back every four years, even if you have claimed.
- You can add-on to your premium for cover against losing your job. Here you will not pay any premiums for six months after retrenchment, but still, be guaranteed full cover.
- Assupol-on-Call -extra benefits are HIV and Aids care, telephone medical assistance, ambulance call out for life-threatening events, trauma counselling, financial advice, and more.
- On-call Plus – this benefit will pay out R2 500, which you can use for groceries, airtime, transport, etc.
Other features of these two Plans
These low cost Assupol funeral plans will give peace of mind at the sudden unexpected death of a loved one.
- Assupol will pay out a cash lump sum between R5 000 and R50 000.
- Assupol pays claims within 48 hours or sooner.
- Monthly premiums start at as little as R70 per month.
- You can select add-on incentives to personalise the chosen cover.
- No medical examination is necessary.
- Anyone may join who is between the ages of 18 and 65.
- An attractive condition applies if you start a policy before the age of 55. As a result, you will not have to pay any premiums after 65, but still be guaranteed full cover.
Planning ahead certainly makes a difference to the lives of your family left behind. To get a FREE funeral plan quote simply complete and send the form on this page.