Funeral Insurance from Discovery Life
June 12, 2016
Discovery Life funeral insurance is much like other insurance policies. In other words, you pay for it in monthly premiums or a once-off payment. With funeral insurance, you also have control over the insured amount. Then, in the event of your death, the beneficiary you choose will receive a lump sum of money to pay for a decent funeral.
You don’t have to have any one of the other Discovery products to qualify for the Discovery Family Funeral Plan. So you can take this funeral plan as a stand-alone product, or it can compliment some other Discovery product.
Offered by Discovery Life
Discovery Life provides funeral cover which makes provision for the primary member, as many as three spouses and up to 5 children. Also, Discovery Life also has what is known as ‘Protection against Rising Costs to ensure that your funeral cover keeps up with the rising costs of a funeral. So your cover will automatically increase each year in line with inflation.
Let’s have a look and see what funeral insurance from Discovery Life can offer you. They allow you to choose cover in keeping with your budget and requirements.
- You will get up to R60 000 cover from paying an amount of R54 a month. Discovery Life tells us that equals a value of roughly R1.80 a day.
- There is a waiting period before a life assured can qualify for a benefit payment. With Discovery Life there is a six-month waiting period on natural death for the primary member, their spouse, children and parents. There is a nine-month waiting period before natural death for any extended family members.
- If natural death occurs during the waiting period, there is no funeral benefit. All premiums paid to date for the life assured are, however, refunded in full. No waiting period applies for accidental death claims. Should you die because of accidental death, the payout doubles.
- Discovery offers something more desirable than other insurers – they will pay out within 24 hours and not the usual 48 hours which is standard with most funeral services providers.
- Premium Payback Benefit – every five years you get a full years’ premiums back if you don’t claim. Other benefits include Education Benefit, Grocery Benefit, Automatic Baby Cover and Memorial Benefit.
Some people wonder what the Automatic Baby Cover is. You will receive automatic cover for a baby born to you. A lump sum will be paid out should the child die within three months after birth. With the Education Benefit, if you die, this benefit will pay for six months after your death. This Benefit is available to all children who are beneficiaries of the policy.
Live Life Free of Worry
Discovery is South Africa’s biggest open medical scheme, and they have a proven track record. You won’t have to undergo any medicals. To get a free quote, look on their website and complete the online form.
You owe it to yourself and your family to live a life free of worry. You don’t want to be constantly fretting about where the funds will come from to give a loved one a dignified final send-off.
Get a FREE funeral cover quote on this page. Just complete and send the form
All info was correct at time of publishing