Save on Funeral Costs This Way
August 16, 2016
Funeral cover is a type of insurance. It is a way you can save yourself and your family from having to pay out a lot of money suddenly for a funeral. By signing up for funeral cover, you save on funeral costs so you or your family do not face horrendous funeral bills.
It could happen when you pass away yourself, or when a loved one does. You can insure the whole family, meaning that in the event of death, the insuring company will pay out a lump sum within 24 hours, which will help pay for the funeral.
People wonder if there isn’t perhaps a way they can save on this cover. In this day and age, it is always something worth considering, as every penny counts.
So How Can You Save on Funeral Costs?
- Get a funeral plan from the right provider. Funeral directors themselves offer funeral plans, as do the insurance companies. Make sure the local authority has the firm in its registry. Are their products sanctioned?
- Go with a company with a reliable and trustworthy reputation.
- Make sure the company doesn’t go out of business when the economy gets tight, which will leave you stranded when you need them most.
- Choose the right plan. Some plans are very expensive and offer all kinds of attractive but unnecessary benefits. However, this may not help you save funerals in their entirety. So consider the plan carefully.
- Read the small print.
- Work out how much you will have paid in premiums up to the possible time of your death, and work out what a funeral might cost at that point. Will your cover be worth the premiums and the interest incurred? Usually, you will find that it does offer a positive return on investment. Even in the long-term. It materially helps you save on funeral costs.
More Tips on Saving Funeral Costs
- Paying monthly premiums help spread the cost – an important point to consider in saving money when you buy a funeral plan. It avoids the emotional overspending that takes place when you are overwrought at the death of a loved one.You might feel you can just as easily open an individual savings account and put money into it every month. For two reasons, this is not always a good idea.
- It takes a lot of discipline to put money in this account, as some month’s there is just not enough money to do so.
With the low-interest rates, a funeral cover is often the better option.
- You can also save money by organising your funeral at the current costs. When you buy a funeral cover, you buy at today’s prices, regardless of what it might cost in the future. As the saying goes: It’s tomorrow’s funeral at today’s prices.
Low Premiums Help a Lot
- Not only can you pay the cover off by monthly premiums, but you can save by paying it as a lump sum. The interest you save can be up to 26% on the total amount.
- May sure the benefit covers the things you need, and are important to you. It is no good discovering at the time that the very things you thought the funeral plan covered, still have to be paid for. These can be basics like a burial plot, and/or transport for the family.
These are just a few ways you can save on funeral cover – there are probably more. Take out cover for you and the family and know that you have done a financially responsible thing. Not only have you saved your loved ones money, but you have given them peace of mind as well.
Complete and submit the form on this page to get a FREE funeral cover quote now!
All info was correct at time of publishing