What Funeral Cover Can I Get From Metropolitan?
What Funeral cover can I get From Metropolitan? You may well ask. Metropolitan is a financial services company based in South Africa that is a division of MMI Holdings. It boasts experience of 114 years in this industry, earning a reputation as one of the country’s leading players in the sector.
The company has expanded its operations across the continent and now has a presence in Namibia, Botswana, Lesotho, Swaziland, Kenya, Ghana and Nigeria.
Through their collection of innovate products Metropolitan is on a mission to empower people of all walks financially and enable them to achieve their dreams.
What Funeral Cover does Metropolitan offer?
Metropolitan aims to ensure that at the time of the death of a loved one, the hassle of raising money to accord them a decent send-off is avoided. In order to do this the firm offers South Africans funeral cover in the form of the Metropolitan Funeral Plan.
With this plan a policyholder will get a lump sum of between R5,000 and R50,000 in the event that they or anyone who is a beneficiary of the policy passes away. This sum is payable within 48 hours of death provided all the required documentation is in place.
Aware of the differing incomes of households, Metropolitan has made its funeral offering flexible enough to accommodate different budgets that’s where what funeral cover comes in.
The minimum monthly premium for the Metropolitan Funeral Plan is R40 but if you can afford to pay a little more you will be in line for some great extras.
If you wish to find out the extent of cover you will get for what you can comfortably contribute, you can fill in the form get Funeral Cover Quotes at the top of the page.
What Funeral Cover Extra Benefits Does Metropolitan Funeral Plan Offer?
- Ordinarily, a policyholder will have to wait three months before the policy becomes active. However if the policyholder, their spouse, child or a parent dies by accident before this period elapses, the agreed lump sum will be paid out.
- Though this feature starts upon the policy’s commencement, it will only be done after the first premium has been received.
- Another condition attached to this benefit is that death of the person covered has to have occurred within 90 days of the accident happening.
- In the event of the death of the principal policy owner, the beneficiaries who survive him/her will continue to be covered even if they do not contribute the monthly premiums.
- This means that the surviving spouse and children and parents will still be covered in the absence of the person keeping the policy active. As with the accident benefit above, this benefit has a number of conditions attached.
- For one, the benefit will cease for the policyholder’s children when they attain the age of 21 or get married before that age. The benefit also only applies to beneficiaries who were known by the time of the insured’s death.
- The only exception to this rule are children born within the nine months after the policy owner’s death.
To get one FREE funeral cover quote complete and send the form above the article