Why You Should Get a Metropolitan Funeral Policy
May 10, 2016
A Metropolitan funeral policy allows you to pay up front for a decent funeral. Without a Metropolitan funeral policy, the family has to bear the burden of a funeral. You can choose to pay a lump sum or monthly installments.
Reasons to Get a Metropolitan Funeral Policy
- Metropolitan has an excellent track record since it started in 1897.
- They offer exceptional, quality services.
- They offer a national service in nearly every language.
- They represent only the best providers.
- They help with funeral arrangements, using providers of your choice.
- It is convenient, easy and the funeral plan quotes are free.
With rising funeral costs, precious few can give their loved one the send-off they deserve. Metropolitan understands this too well, and so a Metropolitan funeral policy is affordable
Metropolitan tailors the funeral plan to your needs.
After paying low monthly premiums, there will be cash on hand. Then this will cater for the funeral expenses.
Family Funeral Plan
This is ideal for you as an individual, your spouse, and your children.
- Premiums start as low as R36 per month.
- If you or your spouse dies, then the family gets up to R50 000 towards funeral expenses.
- Children under the age of 21 will receive between R1 350 and R25 000, and even stillborns are covered.
- Students must be under the age of 25.
- If you or immediate family dies as a result of an accident, Metropolitan doubles the cover, up to R30 000.
- Metropolitan settles claims within 48 hours, as long as they have the correct documentation.
- You can enjoy cover between R5 000 and R50 000.
- No medical questions, blood tests or examinations necessary.
Extended Family Plan
This is a separate policy covering your parents, grandparents, cousins, in-laws, etc.
- Depending on the cover chosen, then in the event of death the payout will be up to R30 000.
- You may cover up to 9 people under 85 years of age.
- Accident Death Benefit. The cover is available to the whole family. However, the beneficiaries must be older than 13, and younger than 65. And Metropolitan offers up to R30,000 extra to the standard cover.
- Paid-up Benefit – no more premiums are due when the policy-holder turns 65, retires, or dies, following which all beneficiaries still enjoy the full cover.
- Family Assistance Benefit.
- Removal of the body to the funeral home of your choice.
- Help with funeral or cremation.
- Helpline for legal matters.
- Medical emergency care.
- Helpline for trauma, assault, HIV protection.
- Cash Back Benefit – a cash payment is given to loyal customers who pay their premiums on time.
- Tombstone Benefit – pays beneficiary up to R15 000, plus you may change the payout date up to 5 times. It must be paid out within 18 months of a valid claim.
- Shopping Benefit – only if the policy includes the Paid-up benefit. However, this top-up cover will only be available on the death of the policyholder or spouse. Maximum of up to R18 000 is paid out for groceries or other needs.
- Survival Benefit – pays out a lump sum at age 65, maximum R50,000. The money can support the policyholder while still alive
- iNkomo Benefit – this is a payout of up to R18 000, and it is a catering allowance to accommodate friends and family. It is also known as ‘The Cow’ Benefit.
- Inflation Management Benefit – this will be adjusted to improve your funeral plan.
- 6 months waiting period for a natural death.
- No waiting period for an accidental death.
We can’t control how or when we will die because accidents do happen. With thought and planning with a Metropolitan funeral policy, you don’t need to be caught in a desperate situation.
To get a FREE online funeral plan quote please complete and send the form on this page
All info was correct at time of publishing