Have you thought about a checklist for your funeral?
Create a checklist for a pre-planned funeral in order to make it easier on your family when the time comes.
- When someone is grieving, the last thing they want is to have to make a lot of decisions.
- Unfortunately, that is exactly what they will end up doing if you don’t plan anything.
- Making the decisions up front will help your family in the event that you die.
- There will be no confusion about what you might have wanted.
- There will only be the certainty that everything is going according to your plan.
Find out in this article what you need when planning a funeral. You can set up this plan in advance and so really take the pressure off your family when you pass on. There are companies that allow you to make all the arrangements in advance as well.
You need to ensure that your family knows what the plan is in advance and who you have made arrangements with.
To create a Checklist for a Pre-planned Funeral – Start with the Money
Do you have savings or a life insurance that can be used? Will your family have access to the money when they need it? Funeral cover, on the other hand, is designed to be paid out quickly and pay for the funeral that you want.
To get an idea of what funeral cover will cost you, simply complete the form on this page and you’ll be sent obligation-free quotes from the best insurers in South Africa.
Next, comes the Service
What kind of service do you want to have? Should it be formal or more casual? In a church or in a hall?
Do you want a graveside service or a service at the crematorium? Or do you want the service taken care of ahead of time so that people can decide whether or not they want to go to the crematorium or graveside?
Would you rather have a memorial service, to be held after the disposal of your remains? Perhaps you would like the funeral service to be held at your home.
Do you Want any Other events to take Place?
Would you like to have a viewing or a visitation before the service? Do you want to have a reception or wake for your mourners after the service is finished?
What are your religious preferences in relation to the disposal of your remains or your service?
What personal Touches do You want?
- Where would you like the service to be held? What alternative location would you like if the first is not available?
- Who would you like to conduct the service? If that person cannot do this, who else would you choose?
- Do you have a preference when it comes to pallbearers? If so, choose at least six people in case some cannot make it.
- Would you like anyone specific giving the eulogy?
- Are there any readings, poems, or prayers that you would like to have read during the service? Can you get a copy made up to make things easier? Having a few options is also a good idea.
- What music would you like played? Are there any songs or hymns that you want to be used?
- Would you like people to honour you by donating money to your favourite charity? If so, where should the donations go to?
- Are you a member of any clubs? Would you like the group to be notified that you have passed on? Give the name of the group and contact details for one of the office-bearers.
- Is there anyone that you would like notified that your family may not know about or think of? Again, give full contact details here.
When it comes to pre-planning your funeral, it’s important to sort out as many details ahead of time as possible. During the grieving process, your family have a lot on their plate and family squabbles can easily break out.
A checklist for a pre-planned funeral lets your family know what your preferences are ahead of time and makes good sense.
Plan ahead, get a FREE funeral cover quote now!