Funeral Plans from Hollard
August 6, 2017
Why Should I Consider Funeral Plans from Hollard?
- Hollard is a well-known South African insurer.
- Funeral plans from Hollard have affordable premiums.
- Funeral costs are constantly increasing.
- Being prepared for the costs of a funeral makes good financial sense.
- You can cover your whole family.
Death is not something that we like to think about. Most of us think it is a bit of a morbid topic and, consequently, something that can be dealt with later. Unfortunately, this kind of thinking can land you or your loved ones in serious financial trouble.
And, certainly, the younger you are, the less important having funeral cover seems especially as death seems to be a long way off. It’s time to face facts, though – death doesn’t discriminate. You or a loved one could be involved in an accident or be a victim of crime.
At this time, it is difficult enough to have to deal with the loss, not to mention the financial burden that comes with it.
You’ll need money – lots of it – to pay for the service, coffin (and you do need one of these when cremated as well), transport, food, etc. The costs can work out to thousands even for a modest funeral.
And that is why you need to consider taking out funeral cover. This is a specialized insurance that pays out in the case of death. The money is paid out quickly, so it is on hand when needed and usually in cash so that it can be used for whatever is needed.
Funeral Plans from Hollard Payouts
If you are the main member of the policy with Hollard, on your death, your beneficiaries will receive all the policy premiums you paid back. This also applies if your spouse dies. That means that, essentially, your funeral plan is more like a savings plan than an insurance.
What Are the Basics?
- To join, you must be between 18 and 75 as well as being a South African citizen.
- You can choose cover from R10 000 to a maximum of R75 000.
- The Family Funeral Benefit allows you to cover up to a maximum of 5 children under the age of 21. The cover is topped at R20 000 per child.
- You can cover your entire family and extended family as long as they are under the age of 75 and are South African citizens. The cover is topped at R20 000 per person.
- Your cover is increased by 7% a year to keep up with rising costs.
- Once you have been a paying member for 5 years, you will get a lump sum in cash.
- You will not have to undergo any medical examination or be required to answer medical questions.
- Your accidental death benefit kicks in from the time you pay your first premium.
- There are several added benefits that make all the difference. For example, Hollard will pay for a rental car for three days to allow you to make all the funeral arrangements.
- The claims process is easy – just fill in the form, submit the supporting documents and the money is paid out in 48 hours.
Hollard helps to make coping with the death of a loved one a little easier. If you would like a funeral cover quote, please complete, and submit the form on this page.
All info was correct at time of publishing