Can an Entire Family Still have Affordable Funeral Cover?
October 20, 2017
Is there funeral cover for a whole family?
- Yes, when you do research and find the right cover
- SAfrican Insurance offers funeral Cover for families
- You can even add on extended family members such as aunts and uncles
- There is also cover for life for family members with disabilities
- The Usuthu Funeral Plan is super affordable
Most people want to know that if one of their family members’ pass away, there will be a decent funeral for them. Safrican offers a few different whole family plans to choose from, and there is funeral cover insurance for families that will ensure a dignified funeral.
How Low can you Go
Just look at their Usuthu Whole Family Funeral Plan. AmaZulu Football Club has joined forces with Safrican Insurance to offer this funeral benefit plan which provides products which are relevant to the community. The Plan provides extensive cover from as little as R48 a month, and this is for anyone between the ages of 18 and 94 years of age.
SAfrican offers 3 categories of cover –
- single person
- single parent plus children
- full family plan
SAfrican started in 1932 with its core business always being affordable funeral aid. They offer their basic funeral cover, and a benefit will be paid out at the death of the main member, the spouse or for a child. There are other benefits that you may want to include such as a memorial benefit. On the 1st anniversary date of a valid death claim, the company will pay an additional benefit equivalent to 50% of the value of the basic funeral cover. Extended family don’t qualify for this benefit.
With funeral cover for families, SAfrican offers a Repatriation Benefit. All members qualify for this benefit, which offers assistance with the following –
- repatriation of mortal remains from the place of death in South Africa
- funeral arrangements
- obtaining a death certificate
- legal assistance
- help with making a will and wrapping up an estate
Accidental death benefit
When the main member, spouse or child dies because of bodily injury caused by accidental means, the company will pay an additional benefit will if premiums are up to date. Unfortunately, extended family don’t qualify for this benefit.
Extended Whole Family Benefit
The principal member can choose cover for extended family who rely on him or her for financial assistance.
Who can be a Member with the Family Plan?
Anyone between the ages of 18 – 64 who is earning and who has a bank account can invest in a Family Funeral Plan. As the main member, you can add –
- Spouse – the is considered a person married by law, tribal custom or according to Asian religion and will include a Common Law Spouse, and where applicable, same-sex marriages too.
- Child – the child must be unmarried and to the age of 21 or below the age of 26 if they are a student. Unmarried children who are mentally and permanent disabled are covered for as long as the principal member pays the premiums.
- Extended Family – this includes parents, parents-in-law, brothers, sisters, aunts and uncles. You can nominate as many as 10 dependants provided dependants don’t exceed the maximum entry age of 74.
SAfrican offers funeral cover that everyone can afford. They know that in an instance, life can change.
SAfrican wants you to know that whether you bury your loved one or you choose cremation, with them you can bear the costs and give your family member the decent farewell from this earth that you’d want for yourself. Therefore the insurance company pays your funeral expenses and simply removes all the pressures and stress of planning a funeral.
All info was correct at time of publishing