About Lion of Africa Insurance
July 11, 2016
Lion of Africa Insurance strives to be the most recognised insurer in South Africa – and it is succeeding. For, over the last few years, the company has become a leading short-term insurance company. And they believe they are providing South Africans with service excellence; they refer to their team as lions.
Lion of Africa started in 1999. As an authorised financial services provider, they create insurance packages that suit all sectors of the community. Significantly, the company mainly provides coverage to people who haven’t had insurance in the past.
Santam Limited established the company, which has achieved an ‘A’ rating from the Global Credit Rating agency for its risk profile and for its ability to pay claims.
Lion of Africa Insurance – Products for Individuals to Corporates
Lion of Africa has the highest rating of any South African short-term insurance company run on black empowerment principles. They have offices in all the major centres of South Africa with their head office in Johannesburg, which is where all their administrative activities take place, plus analytics and underwriting. And all the regional offices focus on servicing clients as well as selling their insurance products.
These kinds of products include –
- Business interruption protection.
- Fire and theft cover.
- Liability insurance.
- Comprehensive cover for the commercial sector as well as for individuals.
- They’ve also got products for specific industries such as the marine industry.
- All products are individually tailored to suit specific needs.
- Their Easy Life is a new Life Cover product which comes with a host of unique features.
- Lion of Africa Accidental Death and Disability product is for South Africans between the ages of 18 and 74 years old. It pays out a sum of up to R 250 000.
- Their illness and death product is for when the insured needs hospitalisation. So the policy includes day to day benefits, which is an all-encompassing funeral benefit.
Lion of Africa Insurance also offers a selection of products to
- Commercial businesses.
- Large corporations.
Lion of Africa concentrates on funeral cover for individuals and families, burial group schemes and life cover. They offer tailor-made group funeral death benefits, which allow groups such as churches, stokvels, funeral directors and burial societies to market products suited to certain needs.
Lion of Africa Insurance – Settlement Arrangement
Recently complainants accused the life assurance company of unauthorised funeral cover deductions from child support grants. Before the matter could be heard in the Constitutional Court, Lion of Africa agreed to stop docking money from these grants for funeral policies.
Today Lion of Africa Insurance has some top staff who hold various senior positions. Inevitably they bring with them a wealth of experience in the financial services industry.
While you’re still alive, you should get yourself the best possible protection. And with funeral cover from Lion of Africa, you know that however you lose your life, there will be money in place to lay you to rest in a dignified way.
To get a FREE funeral cover quote, please complete and send the form on this page
All info was correct at time of publishing