Funeral Cover for Life Partners
September 29, 2016
For life partners, death is traumatic for everyone involved. Hollard provides funeral cover to assist not only your family but also the one left behind.
As long as you have a valid claim and provide all the necessary documents, Hollard pays out within 48 hours. The money ensures that you have one less thing to worry about during this difficult time.
What’s more, with the high cost of living today, Hollard prides itself on providing funeral cover that is affordable.
If you are the primary income earner, what happens if you pass away? With Hollard, you can take out insurance that covers life partners, regardless of whether you are married or not.
What are the Main benefits of Funeral cover for Life partners?
- After every five years of paying your premiums, you get 20% back.
- Cover ranges between R10 000 and R75 000.
- You get the option of including your immediate and extended family in your policy. Such as your partner, children, parents as well as your in-laws and other dependents.
- For a slightly increased premium each month, life partners can add extra benefits.
Who can take out funeral cover?
- All permanent residents of South Africa
- Anyone between 18 and 75 years old.
- Anyone who has a bank account.
What does it include?
- A customised plan that suits your unique needs.
- Accidental death cover, which begins as soon as you pay your first premium.
- Payment within 48 hours.
- A rental car for three days, to organise the funeral.
The different Plans available are:
- The Family Funeral Benefit
This plan insures up to five children under the age of 21 years old and pays out a lump sum of R20 000. You can add another five children to the cover by paying for each additional child.
- Cover for life partners, parents and parents-in-law
For a little bit extra each month you can insure your spouse or life partner for as much as R75 000, your parents as well as your life partner’s parents, for as much as R20 000. This benefit is for parents under 75 years old.
Another excellent benefit from Hollard is that, in the event of your death, your beneficiary gets cash back over and above the cover payout. However, this only comes into play for the principal insured and his or her partner.
When you take out a funeral policy with Hollard, there are many more benefits you can add with a little extra payment each month. Here are just two of the additional benefits available:
Life Cover Benefit
For members between the ages of 18 and 65 years old, there is the option of adding life cover to the funeral plan. In the event of your death, your beneficiary will receive a funeral cover payout along with a life cover pay-out of up to R120 000.
The Monthly Provider is a useful benefit as it covers monthly expenses for your family when you are unable to. In the event of your death, the payout is as much as R2 000 a month, which will be a great help when it comes to paying for groceries, etc.
The benefit provides 12 monthly payments. To get a comprehensive list of the additional benefits, visit www.hippo.co.za.
To get a FREE funeral cover quote please complete and send the form on this page
All info was correct at time of publishing