Funeral plans from Assupol – A legend in insurance.
December 2, 2017
Assupol was founded in 1913 as a funeral society for members of the police and other government employees. Funeral Plans from Assupol offer tailor-made funeral plans for low to middle-income groups.
What do Funeral plans from Assupol offer?
- Simple cover.
- You choose the level of cover.
- Benefits that make a real difference.
- A choice between two plans.
- Cover for your family and extended family.
By planning now, you provide your family with the financial support they need to cope with the death of a loved one. Trying to find money to pay for a funeral while still dealing with the loss is very difficult. You can help your family cope by taking out funeral cover.
Funeral Plans from Assupol come in Two forms
The Absolute Advantage Family Funeral Plan and the Excellence Family Funeral Plan. Premiums start at R70 per month, and cover your family and extended family. There’s no reason not to be insured at this price.
What cover Do you Get?
This depends on the plan you choose, but it goes up to R75 000. You receive a cash payout within 48 hours of Assupol receiving the claim and required documents.
Are there Waiting periods?
Yes, there is a six-month waiting period from the time Assupol accepts the policy, before full cover takes effect for death from natural causes. Accidental death cover starts from the first premium. If someone dies in an accident before the first payment, but after the cover has gone through, the payout will be R5 000.
Is there a Maximum age?
Yes, 80 years old.
Added extras You can Choose For an increased Premium
- A memorial benefit: This pays out five months after the person has died so that you can erect a memorial to them.
- Income benefit: You can choose to add an income benefit in order for your family to still have an income after you die.
- Cashback benefit: You receive money back every four years, even if you have claimed on the policy.
- Premium waiver 1: If the primary insured dies, Assupol will pay the premiums for you.
- Premium waiver 2: Premiums paid for up to six months if retrenched,
- Free assistance with HIV/ Aids
- Telephone access to emergency medical advice.
- Access to free emergency ambulance services.
- Free trauma counselling.
- Transport for the body and the family of the deceased.
- Tutor assistance for children.
- Financial advice.
- Assupol has also negotiated discounted rates with some of the larger funeral service providers.
Assupol On-Call Plus
On-call Plus includes an InstantGrocery benefit which pays out shortly after receiving the claim. This allows you to buy groceries or airtime at Boxer, Checkers, Shoprite and Pick ‘n Pay.
Assupol makes it possible to afford the funeral that your family deserves. With premiums starting at only R70 a month, you get access to a wide range of benefits that can help to ease your passing.
To get a funeral cover quote please fill in the form on this page.
All info was correct at time of publishing