Funeral Plan for Extended Family from Virgin Money Insurance
People often think that a few funeral instructions in their Will will suffice. When someone dies, however, the focus is on burying the deceased and getting closure on this particular chapter of life. The deceased’s Will usually isn’t looked at until after the funeral. And this simply means that the deceased’s funeral wishes were never looked at – and adhered to. Here we will look at a funeral plan for extended family from Virgin.
By planning your funeral and conveying your wishes to your family you will get the funeral you want. And also spare your family a lot of anguish about planning your funeral.
A Funeral Plan for Extended Family Members – A Gift
South Africa is a country with enormous families and sometimes there are 20 family members living in one room with one or two being employed. Those who are employed are looked upon as life-savers. They invest in a funeral plan where they have the option of including not only children or parents but aunts, uncles, nieces and nephews too.
Virgin Money Insurance offers a funeral plan for people aged 18-70 and who have a South African ID They make provision for extended family members to be added up to the age of 75.
Aspects of Virgin Money Insurance
Some aspects of a funeral plan for extended family from Virgin Money –
- Virgin Money was established in 2006
- Virgin Money offers credit cards and short-term insurance for those looking for straightforward financial products.
- The insurer offers credit cards and short-term insurance.
- You can add up to 24 extended family members on your funeral plan. These can be aunts, uncles, parents-in-law, domestic workers and others.
- When the main member or spouse dies because of an accident, Virgin Moneys pays out a double benefit.
- There are waiting periods with these funeral plans – between 6 and 12 months.
- They cover up to R100,000 for the main member and spouse and up to 50,000 each for other family members.
- Groceries – you get R6,000 to spend on groceries.
- Airtime – you get R1 000 airtime voucher so you can call people and make funeral arrangements.
- Memorial – R5,000 is paid towards a tombstone for insured members older than 14 years of age.
- Virgin Money gives you your own claims agent who deals with your claim and pays you out within 48 hours after receiving the correct documentation. Virgin Money knows that losing a loved one is a traumatic experience and their claims advisors trained to be caring as they sort out your claim. Call them on 0861 86 72 33 if you’re in a life-threatening emergency situation.
A decent funeral of a family member can be looked upon as a great gift to someone who would not otherwise be able to afford their own funeral cover.
Make sure that you take out a cheap funeral plan with a provider such as Virgin Money Insurance. Request an online quote from them and get peace of mind today. They allow you to add no less than 24 family members on your funeral plan. This can be hugely comforting for family members who don’t have much in life but they at least know that they can leave this life with dignity.
Complete and submit the form on this page by clicking on the “Get a Quote” button to get a Funeral Cover quote.
All info was correct at time of publishing