Sympathy Messages for Everyone From Pets to People
Sometimes people are at such a loss as to what to say as sympathy messages to others who have just lost a loved one; they tend to avoid those people.
When you need to offer some words of condolence or when you need to send a sympathy card or note expressing your condolences to someone, it can be difficult to know what to say in sympathy messages.
Many people find it easier to put pen to paper and to express their sympathy in the written word rather than mumbling something to someone in an awkward fashion.
The Internet is a minefield of information on what words and phrases to say at this difficult time. You won’t only find a list of general sympathy messages; you will find messages which have been categorised to make it even more personal and appropriate.
Even Pet Lovers will Find meaningful Sympathy messages
The important thing to remember when selecting sympathy messages is to select one that expresses what you want to say.
Many people are so moved by some of the sympathy messages they receive, they keep them and make use of those at the appropriate time.
Here is a list of some lovely messages that you can use with confidence, perhaps when you send flowers:
- You are in my thoughts daily
- With deepest sympathy and love to the family
- Our thoughts and prayers are with you all
- My sincere sympathy
- With heartfelt condolences
- So sorry to hear about the death of John
- Remember that we love and care about you
- As you grieve, know that we are remembering you and honouring the memory of John
- With love and hugs
Sympathy Messages for the Passing of a Pet
- Lassie was a beautiful and treasured friend and will be dearly missed by all
- Our thoughts are with you at the passing of your treasured pet
Sympathy Quotes for Loss of a Father
- Say not in grief ‘he is no more’ but in thankfulness that he was – Hebrew Proverb
- If I had a single flower for every time I think about you; I could walk forever in my garden – Gandhi
- Dad, your guiding hand on my shoulder will remain with me forever – Author Unknown
Sympathy Messages for a Mother
- What we have once enjoyed we can never lose. All that we love deeply becomes a part of us – Helen Keller
- Once upon a memory someone wiped away a tear, held me close and loved me, Thank you, Mother dear – Author Unknown
Sympathy Quotes for a Child
- I gave birth to you I loved you first. I love you still. I always have and I always will
- May you find peace and joy with each butterfly that passes by, knowing that your baby lives on in the hearts of all she touched
- Only a moment you stayed, but what an imprint your footprints have left on our hearts
- Those we have held in our arms for a short while we hold in our hearts forever
If you thought you would never have the right words to say at a funeral or in a sympathy-card, these words show you how easy it is and can be shared with the greatest of confidence.
To get a FREE funeral cover quote, please complete and send the form on this page
* Watch some sympathy messages on YouTube here